Blogger Banter #20: Allison from Allison's Book Bag!


By tweeting this post, you can earn promotional tweets from me as part of the Amazon Tweet Exchange.
Details here.

The art of gossiping, gabbing and chatting with awesome book bloggers!



Today, I'm featuring the chocolate-lovin', YA-fangirlin', Six Words on Saturday-usin', ALLISON from ALLISON'S BOOK BAG! 

Thanks for stopping by! Let the Banter begin!

Allison loves many books! Favorite? Impossible!


ALLISON'S STATS 

Facebook: 110
Goodreads: 46
Email: 1205


SMALL TALK

Blogging Since?
June 2010
Lives in?
United States (but from Canada!)
Solo (blogger), duo, trio...?
Solo, with occasional help from my husband
Print or eBooks?
Print
Average number of books read a month?
10
Favorite Genre?
Young adult fantasy or realism—depending on my mood
Book Boyfriend?
Taran of Chronicles of Prydain
Rating System?
Bag It, Read It, Leave It


GAB and GOSSIP


What was the very first post you ever made on Allison's Book Bag

Welcome to Allison's Book Bag! (welcome post)

First book review: How to Steal a Dog by Barbara O’Connor


Where is your favorite place to read? Junk food or healthy snacks while reading? 

Curled up the recliner with my husband and my pets nearby. I avoid eating while reading because I don’t want to stain my books. When writing my reviews, that’s a different story! Then I eat chocolate to get me started, keep me going, or as a reward. Chocolate is the remedy for almost everything, isn't it?


If Allison's Book Bag had a theme song, what would it be? 

"Somewhere Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World" sung by Israel Kamakawiwo’ole

Amazing choice. This song is so beautiful.




Give us the 411 on what the meme Six Word Saturday is really all about. Is it just the title, or is there a deeper meaning?

I didn’t actually create the meme, but I love it because it forces me to think about the most dominant emotion or event from the past week. Of course, some people like me cheat by following the six-word summary with paragraph upon paragraph of explanation.



You've interviewed tons of authors on your blog, some of them very well-known. What is your criteria when choosing authors to interview?

I try to interview every author whose book I review on my blog. The only two requirements are that they're still living and that they say yes.



A flying monkey wearing a tiny vest flies up to you and ask you for directions to Oz. What do you tell it? Which way is Oz?

I’ll tell you, if you take me with you.

I'd probably say the same thing.

Thanks, Allison!



CONNECT and CHATTER


Next week I'll be interviewing Nicole from Feed Your Fiction Addiction! See you then!